BlueWave Energy is seeking a talented and driven financial analyst to join its solar and storage development business. This position reports to BlueWave’s Managing Director of Strategy, and is responsible for supporting project acquisitions, financial modelling, capital raises, and working closely with development, policy, legal, finance and executive teams to help the team deliver on its goals and mission.
BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the renewable energy industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Support and drive project acquisition processes including responsibility for financial modelling of such opportunities and co-ordinating due diligence, deal structuring and execution
- Build, own, and operate project level financial models across opportunities for BlueWave’s solar + storage-only portfolio
- Produce analyses from financial models to optimise returns, support decision making in the project development team, and support project financing activities
- Engage with providers of capital including construction debt, term debt, and tax equity and assist team to execute capital raise transactions
- Support and interact closely with developers, operations, policy team and the executive team in assessing offtake, financing, structuring, partnerships and other strategic opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree, preferable in the field of Finance, Economics or Engineering
- 1-2 years of renewable energy project finance experience, investment banking experience, or equivalent experience in infrastructure finance
- Demonstrated financial modelling experience and advanced Excel
- Demonstrated capability to understand and analyse complex financial problems and find innovative solutions
- Highly numerate, with strong writing and communication skills, particularly in communicating financial concepts and analysis
- Methodical and detail-minded
- Strong educational background
- Demonstrated passion for the renewable industry
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.